AC Repair : 101
Here are some of the most common types of A/C problems we come across. Some are preventable by doing routine maintenance that you can do yourself and others will require professionals.
Topic: “My A/C unit is leaking water”
- A/C drain lines and pans should be cleaned at least twice a year
- Drain lines and pans should be treated with tables or liquid that can break up algea and slime that builds up causing the unit back up and start leaking
- Filters need to be cleaned or replaced approximately every 30 days. A dirty filter can cause your unit to freeze up and start leaking.
- Do not block A/C intake with boxes, suitcases, etc. This can cause a reduction in air flow causing the unit to freeze up and start leaking.
- Low freon levels can also cause units to freeze up and drip water
- Only an AC technician should measure your freon pressures and add freon as necessary.
Note: Low freon pressures usually means there is a leak in the system. There are several methods of leak detection which we will go over on future blogs.