Common AC Problems
Air conditioning is a must-have living in South Florida. The heat outside our doors is intense, and if problems in our air conditioning systems surface, it can be quite costly. Being aware of the possible issues that can arise in your A/C unit will help maintain your system right now and for years to come. If the following problems are persistent, call a professional right away.
- Low Refrigerant/Leakage – Refrigerant is a chemical that cools the air inside you’re A/C unit. If leakage occurs, the temperature of the system may fluctuate, and that is a huge no-no if you’re trying to keep cool throughout the scorching summer. Make sure the leak is located and repaired immediately.
- Compressor – This is the driving force for the refrigerant in your air conditioning unit. It thrusts the coolant through the coils to keep your house fresh. This is a secondary issue to low refrigerant because if the compressor overheats, it will seize and fail.
- Evaporator and Condenser Coils – Evaporator coils absorbs the heat in the air and send it back into the house as cold air. Condenser coils are situated just outside the compressor. The coils can become corroded over time and frozen if not maintained correctly.
- Capacitors – The motors that power the compressor and fans rely on the capacitors to function correctly. Jolts of electricity keep the engine working nonstop, and if the capacitor out, the A/C unit will need care very soon.
- Filters – Clogged or dirty filters are one of the main reasons for A/C units for dysfunction. Some filters need to be changed monthly, tri-monthly or are reusable. Accumulation of dirt will reduce the air flow to your home and prevent your system from performing to the best of its ability.
The best method to combat some of these everyday issues is to keep a constant eye on your unit and to call a professional. A/C repair companies are available to help customers achieve the best possible air conditioning for their homes. Businesses like Cooling FX Inc. that are licensed and insured specialize in fixing these problems because they’ve gained the necessary training and will make AC repairs if anything should go wrong after the initial consultation.